Friday, August 23, 2013

Weight Lifting for dummies

Hi everyone, 

I hope you all had a good weekend ! 

Today I want to talk about training, but more about weight lifting. I am not an expert, I didn't study in that field and I am not a fitness competitor. But, I tried a lot of different exercises and started to enjoy weight lifting. This is not a post for expert in weight lifting but mostly tips for the people out there who are afraid to go in that gym section. 

When I started to train regularly last year, the part I enjoyed the most during my training was my cardio. I knew weight lifting was really good for my body but I prefered running or stairs climbing. I tought the more my heart rate is high and the more calories I burned during my session, the more I will loose weight. 



One year later, I have a much different opinion and here is why: when your muscle start growing you can easily see your progress. I became much stronger and as the weeks passed by I took heavier weight. Also the principle with working on your muscles, is that you burn calories while doing it but you also burn calories during your rest day. 

You can at first be afraid by the weight lifting section because there is a lot of guys and you might don't know a lot of exercises. Go check on the internet, there is a lot of options on line and even complete programs :
Click here or here for ideas ! 

So to maximize your workout, always combine cardio and muscular, this is the best way to loose weight and be in shape !!! 

Here a good website to learn more about training, fitness and receipes: 

You can also find a lot of things on Pinterest. Here is my pinterest go check my Food & Motivation/ Training boards. 

Can wait to hear about your training !

DSK
-xxx-



No comments:

Post a Comment